Featured in Latina Magazine! Win an autographed copy!

Back in May I traveled to the Big Apple to shoot the "Real Women" feature for Latina magazine's September 2011 issue. The issue was recently released and I can be seen on page 66, modeling a skirt appropriate for a petite frame. I am beyond thrilled; this is my first feature in a national fashion magazine and a big step in my modeling career! What's even better is how proud my family is for appearing in a magazine dedicated to our culture. The best response was from my two niece's; they squealed when we picked up the issues and asked me to autograph their copies! That made my heart soar seeing their excitement and knowing that they are proud of their Aunt Vicki.




I love how things in life seem to work out. The universe works in mysterious ways. I was offered to appear in a magazine earlier in the year but you had to PAY for your "space" in the issue and I would have to pay additional prices to take photos for the theme they wanted. I would literally be spending hundreds of dollars to be in a magazine I never heard of. Where's the accomplishment in that (paying your way into a publication)?  I'd be embarassed to tell people I had to buy my way in. I passed and instead worked hard to earn an even better opprotunity. Looks like I made the right descion.



So to celebrate, I'm holding a contest where the winner will receive an autographed copy of the September issue of Latina (with the stunning Zoe Saldana on the cover). All you have to do is show your fan appreciation for the cosplay girl; whether you submit artwork, create a You Tube video slide show, make a cosplay girl Barbie or action figure, create a t-shirt, comic strip, whatever you want! Just keep it clean and be creative! LOL Contest begins Tuesday, August 23rd and ends Friday September 23rd. You can email submissions to: cosplay.girl@yahoo.com

This is my fun way of saying thank you for your love and support throughout the years. Good luck!