Adventures at the 2012 MegaCon show

This year I attended my first MegaCon show held in Orlando, Florida on behalf of Three Muses Clothing. The event took place on February 17th-19th at the Orange County Convention Center. I was very excited about attending my first show. I have heard nothing but great things about this convention and once I told my friends I was attending, my schedule was quickly booked. I flew to Florida early Saturday morning and briefly relaxed at my hotel room before heading out for a Lois Lane/Superman photo shoot with Danny Kelley. After the shoot I walked the convention floor where I ran into friends and met many high profile cosplayers I admire and respect such as Jonathan Carroll and Margie Cox. I was also introduced to legendary comic book artist, George Perez. After touring the floor I had dinner with Candy and the girls then we got ready for the Arkham Nights party. The party was presented by Moshi-Moshi and held at Club Backstage. My girlfriends and I attended the party as Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Batgirl with a male friend joining us as an Arkham inmate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On Sunday I went to the show as Wonder Woman which was recently upgraded by Candy. A new gold layer was added to the corset and I literally squealed with delight when I saw what a difference it makes. I hung out at the Hero Initiative booth with a friend and posed for photos. I met several of my followers on Twitter and Facebook and one of them introduced me to his 5 year old son who was dressed as a Minion from the film "Despicable Me." I left to meet my friends and we made the rounds around the convention center where I spotted and chatted with friend and artist Eric Basaldua. Candy made quite a splash with her debut of her Dazzler cosplay! After the show we had dinner, I packed my things and made my way to the airport to return home. Duties as a preschool teacher were beckoning and I had mandatory training on Monday. To say I was exhausted is quite an understatement but I took Tuesday off to rest.





MegaCon was easily one of my favorite shows I've been to. I saw some of the best costumers in the country there and the attendees were very pleasant. The show was fun, entertaining and had a lot to offer without being too big or overcrowded. I've kind of had my fill of shows like the San Diego Comic Con and New York. They've become far too commercial and crowd control has become nonexistent. I've decided that I will not be attending either show this year because I need a break from the big crowds and chaos. I'd much rather attend shows where the focus is costuming and the love for the art of comics.

To view the full gallery of my pictures from Megacon, check out my Facebook Fanpage and my thanks to Three Muses Clothing.

Blog Archive