I didn’t remember that making wefts was so easy! I really surprised myself with them and with my old wig, which actually has been featured in our blog. Here is the link to my previous post. In short, we dropped the costumes I had planned the wig for. Over a year and a half ago I just shoved the wig into my closet and almost forgot all about it. Until this morning that is, when I looked it up thrilled and motivated to re-style it. I got free day from work and because we had discussed about our costume plans with Yoki last weekend, I decided to start on that front. And this is what I got done today.
I’m really, really pleased with the wig. I made some blended wefts from the long ponytail I had cut off the wig mixed with burgundy red fibers, also remnants from last decade. I’m not going to write about making wefts, there is many tutorials about them in the web, but I’m going to give a hint to those who find tulle hard to work with. Use iron-on interfacing. Stitch the fibers on the glue side and when you have trimmed the excess carefully iron the interfacing between a piece pattern paper. I fried few fibers, luckily they aren’t visible.
Next to making and sewing wefts, I cut the wig so that the extensions blend in. I feathered the wig quite heavily, but made it look chunky, like if it had been cut with a knife. Almost nothing went to waste; what I had cut, I rolled and teased into dreadlocks, which I then attached right back where they came from. The bangs keep their shape thanks to hairspray.
I still need to attach the ponytail properly. When I’ve done that, I will come back and possibly reve`l what costume I’m actually making.
- Updated Soul Eater Photoshoot!
- Blended wefts and high ponytail
- Cosplay-vania is now on Facebook and Google+
- Final Fantasy X Lulu Cosplay
- Cosplay Progress - Mask Construction and Gloves
- Distant Worlds Concert
- Cosplay Spotlight: Collaborations
- Details on the MZMA costume
- Wig Review - Red Wig for MZMA
- Sneak Peak of our Soul Eater photoshoot with Elysi...
- Cosplay makeup: The Essentials - Base
- Final Fantasy Cloud Cosplay: Kids’ Show Time
- Yoki transmission- "--My lines!? Where!? Roaar!"
- Insane Black Rock Shooter: Progress 2
- Cosplay Linkspam, 5 March 2012
- Cosplay Restaurant/Cafe, is it too weird for Ameri...
- Cosplay Progress - Masks and Half-People
- The General Consensus - A Pseudo Rant
- Black Hair Girls from Final Fantasy for Cosplay
- This doesn't make sense, Japanese people! (ここが変だよ日...
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2008 (42)