Slave Leia Cosplay Tutorial

Slave Leia is one of my most popular costumes and I have received numerous emails requesting that I provide a tutorial on how I transform into the enslaved Princess. Although Entertainment Weekly chronicled my transformation from preschool teacher to royalty, here I will provide detailed step by step instructions on how you can become Darth Vader's estranged daughter.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 
 Step 1: The Metal Bikini

I own an authentic metal bikini that was made by Leia's Metal Bikini and you can purchase the costume through the website. Three Muses Clothing also has a high quality Slave Leia costume listed here. I highly recommend doing business with either site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 Step 2: Footwear

All too often, cosplay requires ridiculous heels or painful boots but not to worry! Princess Leia is sporting a comfy pair of Uggs! You can purchase grey ones for this cosplay. I've also put my own twist on this and have worn sandals but the boots are more accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 Step 3: Makeup
I will begin with a list of the things you will need:
1. Foundation
2. Gold eye shadow
3. White eye shadow
4. Black liquid eyeliner
5. Dark brown liquid eyeliner
6. Eyelash curler
7. Mascara
8. Bronzer
9. Brown lipstick
10. Black eyeliner (pencil) 
11. Concealer
*Important note*  Although I referenced Carrie Fisher's makeup in 'Return of the Jedi', I have created a face that is best suited and compliments my skin tone. It may not be suited for all skin types. 


Makeup part #1
Apply foundation all over face. I also use dark brown liquid eyeliner to fill in my brows.



Makeup part #2
Line the top of your lids with the black liquid eyeliner.



Makeup part #3
Put gold eye shadow on your lids and spread it up to your crease. Apply white eye shadow beneath the eyebrow. Curl eyelashes and apply mascara.


Makeup part #4
Apply concealer to those pesky shadows under your eyes. 



Makeup part #5
With the black eye pencil, line the lower lids of your eyes.




Makeup part #6
Apply bronzer to the apples of your cheeks and cheek bones. 

 Makeup part #7
Put on the brown lipstick and viola! Your face is complete!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step #4: Hair


Unless you have superlong hair, you're probably going to need a hair extension. You can purchase one like this Sassy Synthetic Braid at places like Sally's Beauty Supply or a wig shop. Braid the two pony tails. Brush your natural hair into a pony tail then put it in a bun. Then tie the braid onto the bun.



Once the braid is tied onto your bun, you're going to swing one braid behind your head and the other in front of your head. Wrap the braid that is in front of you around the top of your head. Use bobby pins to keep it in place.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step #5: Metal Bikini
Now that you're hair and makeup are complete it's time to slip on that infamous metal bikini! Also be sure to wear a pair of gold hoop earrings. Congratulations! You are now the most famous princess in the galaxy! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it helped you fulfill your dreams! 

Blog Archive