Cosplay Survey

Recently a Cosplay Survey has been circling around on Facebook. The questions seemed interesting and rather than fill it out and tag people on my personal account, I decided to instead share it on my Blog.

1 . Your first cosplay?
Aerith Gainsborough from the video game Final Fantasy VII.

 2. How many costumes have you done?
 Thirteen.


3. Your most recent cosplay?
Japanese Vocaloid Hatsune Miku.

 4. Your favorite cosplay?
It's always hard to choose just one but I would have to say Catwoman. I've loved her all my life and have been with her throughout her many incarnations. The costume is comfortable and sexy. My Catwoman cosplay is featured in a cosplay calendar with proceeds going to the American Red Cross: http://angryweb.net/2012/01/10/angry-girls-2012-calendar-now-on-sale/  I also love Selina's heated affair with The Batman and her dangerous lifestyle.

 5. The character you have cosplayed that is most similar to you (if none that you have cosplayed, then one that you will cosplay)?
Oh geeze, I don't know! Obviously I'm not from Krypton and I'm not an enslaved princess on Tatooine! All of the characters I've cosplayed are strong characters and a little fun so I'd like to think I'm a little like all of them.


6. Your cosplay plans for the rest of the year (if you have no more for this year, then do next year!)
I'm doing something a bit different and am cosplaying non super powered characters such as Lois Lane and Pepper Potts. I'll be doing joint shoots with a Superman and Tony Stark cosplayer. I'll be debuting Monster High character Cleo. I would love to squeeze in Slave Princess Jasmine but we will see if I have the time.

 7. The dream cosplay that might just happen?
Huntress!

 8. The dream cosplay that will never happen?
Never say never! Anything is possible. I don't limit myself.

 9. Something cosplay-related that you will never do (eg. crossplay, cosplay from a certain series).
I'm personally not into crossplay but am not against it. However you won't see me doing it.

 10. Your cosplay idol?
"Idol" is a bit of an odd term. I can tell you who I love, respect and admire; Iggy Cosplay, Han Pan, Lucid Cosplay, Danny Kelley, Jonathan Carroll and Margie Cox.

 11. Your cosplay specialty (ie. something that seems to apply to a large amount of your cosplays, it could be a specific series, or a common feature in their appearance, such as glasses).
DC Comics characters. It's pretty obvious I'm a big fan of the DCU.


12. Your cosplay-making habits (eg. singing while working on cosplay):
I need peace and quite when I'm working on something.

 13. Your least favourite thing about cosplay?
The phonies who don't know anything about the character their dressed as and only do this for attention. Stalkers are annoying too.

 14. Do you belong to any cosplay groups?
My girlfriends and I made a splash at the 2010 Philadelphia Comic Con aka Wizard World Philly as the Gotham City Sirens. I was also asked to be Catwoman for another Gotham City Sirens group for an upcoming show.

 15. What events have you cosplayed to? Future event plans?
I've been to the San Diego Comic Con, New York Comic Con,
Wizard World Philly, Baltimore Comic Con, Zenkaikon and Monster Mania. As for future shows...wait and see!



16. What is your best cosplay memory?
Being offered a job as an official Slave Leia model.

 17. What is your worst cosplay memory?
Some guy kept calling me "Supergirl" when I was dressed as Wonder Woman. I felt embarassed  not for me, but for HIM and had to correct him! Also I had to tell a very rude individual off when he got angry I wouldn't grant his photo request (because I was on the phone).

 18. Have you won any cosplay awards?
I've received titles. The Modern Tokyo Times and Axiom Magazine named me the "Queen of Cosplay". 


19. Your best cosplay derp photo?
When I was Black Canary my choker fell off.


20. Have you worn cosplay in a regular situation?
I sometimes take certain items and wear them out like my Black Canary or Zatanna jacket. I've also worn my Wonder Woman and Belle wig out.

 21. Your most expensive cosplay?
Slave Leia and Wonder Woman. Each costume is worth over $300!

 22. Your most comfortable cosplay and most uncomfortable cosplay?
My most comfortable would be Catwoman. Most uncomfortable is Hatsume Miku. The wig and boots are heavy.

23. The cosplay you put the most effort into?
Hatsune Miku. Between the wig, makeup and costume it takes me over an hour to get everything on!


24. Any unfinished costumes? Will you ever finish them?
I currently have an Alice: Madness Returns cosplaying lying around. I really need to get the ball rolling and do a pro shoot with it!


25. How many wigs do you own? Which is your favorite?
Eight wigs and one ponytail extension.I love them all! I can change my hair color whenever I want!


26. Where do you work on your cosplays and where do you store them when they’re done?
I work on them in the bedroom. The wigs are all on mannequin heads. Costumes and accressories are in a giant bin in my closet. Footwear is with my normal shoes.

 27. What is your favorite cosplay item?
My Wonder Woman bracelets.

 28. Cosplay peeves/things you are particular about?
Half assed cosplays.

 29. Something you want to improve on for future cosplays?
I would love to get over my fear of sewing machines and start making my own costumes!


30. Cosplay-related work you are most naturally talented at (ie: sewing, prop-making, wigstyling, etc)?
 I'm good with getting the hairstyles right weither it be purchasing and styling a wig, using my natural hair or adding hair extensions. I've also become pretty good with makeup.

Blog Archive