Shooting for Latina Magazine

I've been reading Latina magazine since day one. I remember my mother spotting it on the shelfs of a drug store while the family was on vacation down the Jersey Shore. Jennifer Lopez was on the cover (back in her dark haired days) promoting the movie "Money Train". This magazine was important to me and the women in my family; it was made just for us and this year, Latina (which is sold nationwide) is celebrating their 15th year in publication. I was recently asked to be part of their "Real Women" feature and this past Saturday I made my first trip to New York for a fitting at the Latina office on Madison Avenue. It was very surreal for me. I've been reading this book since I was a kid so this was a dream come true. My family was very proud of me not only for making it into a national magazine but for a book that gives our women a voice. In the office was a framed photo of the first issue with Jennifer Lopez. That was very cool for me to see!

The fitting was fun; I tried on lots of clothes, shoes and accessories for the fashion editior. When all was said and done I headed out with my ex husband to F.A.O. Schwartz before meeting my gal pal at Central Park. We all walked to the M&M store then to Times Square. After a visit to the Disney Store and grabbing lunch it was time to head home (just in time to beat the rain storm).





















So today was the shoot in Brooklyn and it went well. Biggest set I've been on (aside from being on a movie set). I loved how they did my hair and makeup and everyone was nice and professional. The fashion editior is an absolute doll. I will be in the September issue which means it will be on sale in August so mark your calendar's! My friends and family have been so damn supportive and in all honesty it was with the encouragement of one friend why I got this gig in the first place. He (a highly successful professional model himself) has complete and utter faith in me and believes in me 110%. So thanks to him and everyone else in my life. Love you! See you on the newstands!